Saturday, March 23, 2013

While I was away

Recently I was considering relocating to Alaska. I wonder why. Because this freezing cold and sub-zero temperatures are slowly bringing me to the end of my rope. 

Back in January things were seriously slowing down in the studio. I have been working up there, but not as much as I'd like. Perhaps this year my work will prove itself to be seasonal based. I must admit to looking forward to warmer temperatures, a scent and feel of summer even. 

While I've been away from the studio, I've been working in a different direction entirely. Creating Easter gifts (which is something I never do) for my mum and a circle of close girlfriends. I don't know where this urge to knit suddenly came from, but I welcomed it as it made it an excuse for me to curl up on the sofa with a cup of tea with a rotten TV detective crime story to go. It was a great pleasure to give these away, even though I will miss them dearly. I've really enjoyed working on these. Perhaps you can understand why. 

Happy Easter - happy springtime!

The idea for the roosters came from an old knitting magazine, so I can't take credit for them entirely. The boys are hand knit with organic cotton from Debbie Bliss and one other supplier, some proper filling and black beans, actually, to make them a bit heavier in their posture. Some of them are very fat, others are slimmer and lighter. They come in pairs of 3 and have all been named. 

No comments:

Post a Comment