Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Waterworld

Something amazing has happened - a very good friend and colleague at my school gave me a belated Christmas present yesterday. She is a positive thinker with a very motivational spirit and often catches people on their way down. Before Christmas we had a conversation about water colors and how I'd like to start experimenting with those, as I'd never tried the real stuff. Yesterday she presented me with a self-composed beginner's kit containing several sizes of paper, non-acidic and cold pressed, some of the handmade paper she bought many years ago in the Netherlands, brushes and a lovely starter-set of colors from Winsor & Newton. She herself paints and is a very creative person. 
I must admit, I love it - it's a great pick-me-up in this utter wet and cold winter darkness. 

Thank you, Josefine!

Bottomline: 
  • Surround yourself with people who have a positive think pattern and can give you something good to thrive on.
  • Don't expect others to give, but be willing and prepared to give your self. Then you wil receive.
  • Be thankful for what you have got, and don't get upset over the things in life that are not yet within your reach. 
You never know, where life is going to take you...

The darkness gets thicker, even though the days grow longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment